Thursday, November 14, 2013

A day to be proud to bleed orange and blue.

Yesterday was the day many illini fans have been waiting for, for what seems like an eternity.  Yesterday, 3 fine young men signed on the dotted line and decided that they will play basketball for the University of Illinois.

What makes this day particularly special is the 3 young men who signed, Michael Finke, Leron Black, and Quentin Snider, are not just superb basketball players, but fine young men.



Pictured above is Michael Finke and family as Michael prepares to sign his letter of intent. Family is the main thing with all 3 of the recruits...along with their faith.

There are a couple of ways to win. You can run a slick, sleazy, program that goes out and looks for nothing but, "one-and-done" type players. Or you can go out and find quality young men as coach John Groce has, young men that realize there is more to life than just basketball.

                  ________________________________________________________


As a huge fan of the show, The Walking Dead, naturally I look forward to Sunday evenings a great deal. To the point where I'll forego Sunday night football during the hour the Walking Dead is on.

A problem has arisen though. So far this season the story line has been about a "virus" spreading throughout the compound. While I understand it's part of the storyline, I've struggled to really get into the new season. Just not enough action for my blood I guess.

Well, at the the end of last week's episode, we see "the governor."


For those not familiar with the show...it's your loss. If you ARE a fan of the show, you realize that, things just got a lot more interesting and the excitement level just went up a few hundred degrees!

                      _____________________________________________________



Finally, I've decided to go on a one-man mission. I can no longer stand hearing people say, "you know, right?", "just sayin", or the word, "like" 30 times in 2 sentences.

I'm not stopping with the spoken word either. Somehow, someway, I will get people to use the words, they're, their, and there, in the correct way. While I'm at it, I'm also going to teach people how to correctly use, two, too, and to as well.

You can thank me next time you see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment