Monday, November 18, 2013

This and that...

It's a great time of the year for many reasons...

The holidays are almost here (if you go into stores or watch tv commercials, they already are).
High school football playoffs are nearing the state championships.
You start realizing that it won't be long till you overdose on turkey.
You'll probably see family you don't see the rest of the year.
Illinois basketball.
AND....I become VERY popular with THESE people,

 
 
 
Yep, it never fails, right before the holiday season kicks into high gear, the credit card applications fill the mailbox offering fantastic interest rates...if I sign up now.
 
Why would I want a Wal-Mart credit card? I can't stand going in there now! When I go to a store to shop, the last thing I want to see are people shopping in fuzzy slippers and wearing their pajama's!
 
 
_____________________________________________
 
 
To my fellow Nascar fans, I can no longer stand it. Enough is enough already. I see now why the stands are 25% empty at most of the races.
 
It's Jimmie Johnson's fault! The guy just won his 6th championship in the last 8 years. I can't stand hearing how great he is. According to some, he practically walks on water.
 
The one good thing is I'm not alone. Many of my friends have told me that they're tired of JJ's domination as well. As one friend of mine told me, "Maybe when Nascar decides they want people back in the seats, they'll lower ticket prices and figure out how Jimmie is cheating."
 
I don't know if he's "cheating," but I'm done watching the JJ show.
 
 
____________________________________________
 
 
Finally. I have a handicapped parking placard that I use on occasion. I have this because of the nerve disease that I've had for a number of years. I don't always use it because there are days when I feel pretty good and don't feel the need to use handicapped spots.
 
But in the last year I've had 2 people really give me crap for parking in handicapped spots. Both have said the spots are for people who, "really need them," not for "lazy" people.
 
I then informed both people that because of my disease my doctor signed a paper indicating that I should have a parking placard. I then told both of them that I'd give them the name of my doctor if they wish to check. If they didn't, then either apologize or move on.
 
Both instances made me realize, don't jump to conclusions. Things aren't always as they appear.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment